The Zero Accident Forum is a voluntary network of Finnish workplaces. It is open to any workplace, regardless of its size, field or level of occupational safety. What is important is to have a genuine desire to improve safety and strive towards zero accidents. The membership of the Zero Accident Forum means that the management and staff of the organization are committed to improving their own occupational safety and carrying out the work it entails.
The operation of the Zero Accident Forum
The Zero Accident Forum is a voluntary network of Finnish workplaces. The members share a genuine desire to improve occupational safety and strive towards zero accidents. The Forum consists of companies and organizations of various sizes representing various industries. Some of them can boast top level occupational safety even by world standards, while others may still be fairly poor workplaces in that respect. However, the main principle of the forum is to learn from each other, even across industries and different business sectors.
The member organizations of the Zero Accident Forum contribute to the funding of the activities through a small annual fee. As members, workplaces receive information about best practices at other workplaces and an opportunity to learn from the top international workplaces. The seminars organized by the Zero Accident Forum as well the Forum’s own extranet function as channels for open communication, where the members receive support and tools for improving their own safety at work from experts and other workplaces.
In joining the Zero Accident Forum, workplaces commit themselves to working together to improve safety at work and to adhering to the following principles:
- We want to improve our occupational safety towards Zero Accident in order to become one of the forerunners of safety in the workplace.
- We commit ourselves openly to supplying other workplaces with information on best practices of occupational safety.
- We will improve the safety at our workplace in co-operation with our employees and management.
- Health and safety are an integral part of the successful business operations at our workplace.
- We commit ourselves to taking action at our workplace regarding occupational health and safety.
We commit ourselves to supplying the Zero Accident Forum with the appropriate information on occupational safety annually.
What are the benefits of the membership?
The Forum supplies workplaces with the following:
- information about best practices at other workplaces
- materials and tools to promote the Zero Accident concept as a part of daily operations in the workplace
- support from experts and other workplaces for improving safety at your work
- positive visibility
- national, regional, industry-specific seminars and events to match the needs of the workplaces
- and an opportunity to learn from the best international workplaces.
- Over 300 organizations all over Finland have joined in the Zero Accident Forum by August 2013.
- Organizations from different branches: metal, chemical, paper, pharmaceutical, service, municipal.
- Activities: seminars, campaigns, websites, Zero Accident Forum newsletter.
- Safety level classification criteria created for safety level certificates 2005.
- 250 Zero Accident Forum safety level certifications granted 2005-2013.
Finnish Institute of Occupational Safety
Zero Accident Forum
Arinatie 3 A
FIN-00370 Helsinki, FINLAND
tel. +358 30 4741
e-mail: tommi.alanko (at) ttl.fi
e-mail: nollatapaturmaa-foorumi (at) ttl.fi