SAbyNA – the industry guidance platform for the development of safer nanomaterials and nano-enabled products
SAbyNA aims to provide the industry with a user-friendly, customized and integrative Guidance Platform to support the development of safer nanomaterials and nano-enabled products.
The SAbyNA Guidance Platform will provide the criteria and guidance to support the selection and implementation of the Safe by Design strategies as early as possible in industrial innovation process.
Materials and techniques
To reach its overall aims, SAbyNA project will:
- Map and establish hierarchies of the most relevant existing resources that can support safe by design of nanotechnology.
- Establish simple, robust and cost-effective human and environmental hazard, exposure, and risk assessment strategies.
- Improve usability of existing tools for risk identification and risk assessment, with a special focus of GUIDEnano.
- Propose safe by design strategies to eliminate or reduce risks at the design stage of industrial innovation process.
- Develop the SAbyNA Guidance Platform integrating selected resources to propose safe by design strategies to maximize safety while maintaining product functionality.
- Implement and validate the applicability of the SAbyNA guidance platform in 3D printing and paints sectors.
Results and effectiveness
The SAbyNA guidance platform will integrate various available resources such as methods, models, frameworks and tools to reduce complexity and costs. Users will be able to identify the potential risks, be able to establish optimal workflows and find solutions to reduce or mitigate the risks associated to their innovation process.
Julia Catalán Rodríguez
Project manager, senior researcher
Acondicionamiento Tarrasense Associacion, LEITAT, Spain
EU Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme, grant agreement No. 862419