Manifold more - Leverage to the professional careers of immigrant background women
The “Manifold more” project promotes the employment of highly educated women with an immigrant background.
The project consists of three themes with the following objectives:
- Manifold more in expert organizations: to develop gender-aware and diversity-promoting employee and operational practices for expert organizations
- Manifold more professional careers: to strengthen the professional participation and employment of women who have moved to Finland
- Manifold more understanding in society: to dismantle stereotypes associated with women from immigrant backgrounds by means of communication
Results and effectiveness
The project is conducted in co-operation with the National Institute for Health and Welfare (THL).
Contribution and outputs of the Finnish Institute of Occupational Health:
- Diversity Barometer 2020 – the current state of diversity in work life is assessed with a survey aimed at HR professionals. The survey has a special focus on recruitment practices
- An interview study in expert organizations – Interviews with immigrant women employees, supervisors and people working in HR positions (35 in total). Based on the analysis of the interviews, the factors and practices that affect the strengthening of the utilization of immigrant women's participation and competence potential will be localized. Based on these efforts, a “Diverse expertise” map is prepared that describes how the expert themselves, their supervisors and the practices of the organization can strengthen the expert participation of people with an immigrant background, especially women.
- Role model stories – role model stories that dismantle gender stereotypes about immigrant women in expert work in video format are produced.