The nine tools for supporting mental health were published in Finnish last September and many of them are now available in English and Swedish.
The Mental Health Support toolkit in English includes functional tools and online training:
- a calculator for ensuring that operational models of the workplace promote recovery
- a test for identifying an organization’s strengths and development targets related to its resilience
- a tool for drawing up a modern substance abuse programme and
- online training for supervisors to support mental health at work.
The purpose of the Mental Health Support Toolkit is to ensure that there are sufficient means and methods for supporting mental health and strengthening relevant competence available in work life.
The tools are designed to support mental health, especially when it is possible to find preventive solutions in organizations. The tools were developed for the use of workplaces and occupational health services. The tools can be used free of charge.
– Language versions of the tools have been widely requested, and we are now happy to be able to offer them, says Pauliina Mattila-Holappa, Project Manager and Chief Specialist, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health.
You can find the toolkit at mielityo.fi by changing the language in the upper right corner of the page to English.
Questions and feedback on the tools can be sent to mielenterveyden.tyokalupakki [at] ttl.fi (mielenterveyden[dot]tyokalupakki[at]ttl[dot]fi).
The toolkit is part of the Mental Health at Work Programme launched by the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health.