Osa 7: Johtaminen
Purposes and goals
Purpose 1: To develop a management strategy for well-being at work
- To understand the different approaches to managerial innovation at home (examples: buurtzorg approach, plural approach etc.)
- To pilot a practice of well-being at work at home
- Facilitating communication in the team by involving and involving managers and home care workers in decision-making bodies:
- Make it possible for managers, intermediate managers and home care workers to meet, to discuss situations and work on projects that make sense for the service (planning, more specific activities, etc.)
- Facilitate peer groups between home care workers, between managers in order to exchange on their professional practices and thus instil quality of life in their work
Purpose 2: Promote the search for communication with the person and his/her family
- Ensure that the expectations, wishes and needs of the person are respected
- Promote the drafting of the individualised project with the person being cared for and the carer and to re-evaluate it
- Present the missions of the home care worker and his/her professional limits to the person and his/her family
Purpose 3: Develop digital technology to facilitate team communication
- Be able to encourage a dynamic teamwork in the home
- Initiate the development of new technologies for professional use:
- Participate in a community
- Participate in the exchange of good practices
- Involve your team in the construction of communication tools for families
- Involve your team in the construction of formalized tools facilitating professional communication and facilitating the collection of life habits to mitigate the effects of turnover for families and users
Purpose 4: Prevent psycho-social risks
- Initiate an identification of psycho-social risks
- Set up a prevention approach, identify indicators, explain them and encourage them
- Develop approaches and keys to understanding, for example, concrete situations that generate stress
- Set up times for exchanging practices
- Prevent MSDs - Musculoskeletal disorders
- Knowing the role of the manager in the prevention of "domestic accidents" (falls, slipping, etc.)
- Make regular field visits to homes
Purpose 5: Developing the organisation of work
- Involve the teams in the construction of tools to support the organisation of work
- Thinking about, planning and implementing the reception of new workers as a team
- Knowing how to draw up and manage the schedules of home helpers in the light of individualised projects and in consultation with the home helpers
- Share the redefinition with the team of the notions of priority and urgency
- Knowing how to choose relevant prioritisation indicators as a team
- Arlinghaus, A., Caban‐Martinez, A. J., Marino, M., & Reme, S. E. (2013). The role of ergonomic and psychosocial workplace factors in the reporting of back injuries among US home health aides. American journal of industrial medicine, 56(10), 1239-1244.
- Cristofalo, P., Dariel, O. & Durand, V. (2019). How Does Social Innovation Cross Borders? Exploring the Diffusion Process of an Alternative Homecare Service in France. Journal of Innovation Economics & Management
- Disch, Joanne (2014). The role of leaders in assuring person and family centered care In : Barnsteiner, J., Disch, J., Walton, M.K.,. Person and family centered care. Sigma Theta Tau International.
- Elfering, A., Kottwitz, M. U., Häfliger, E., Celik, Z., & Grebner, S. (2018). Interruptions, unreasonable tasks, and quality-threatening time pressure in home care: Linked to attention deficits and slips, trips, and falls. Safety and health at work, 9(4), 434-440.
- Eriksen, H. R., Ihlebæk, C., Jansen, J. P., & Burdorf, A. (2006). The relations between psychosocial factors at work and health status among workers in home care organizations. International Journal of Behavioral Medicine, 13(3), 183-192.
- Gorzelle G.J., Kaiser K., Camp C.J. (2003). « Montessori-based training makes a difference for home health workers & their clients ». Caring, 22(1):40-2.
- Hignett, S., Otter, M. E., & Keen, C. (2016). Safety risks associated with physical interactions between patients and caregivers during treatment and care delivery in home care settings: a systematic review. International journal of nursing studies, 59, 1-14.
- Kreitzer, M.J., Monsen, K.A., Nandram, S., De Blok, J. (2015). Buurtzorg Nederland: A Global Model of Social Innovation, Change, and Whole-Systems Healing 荷兰 Buurtzorg. Global advances in health and medicine (4) 1: 40-44
- Kim, I. H., Geiger‐Brown, J., Trinkoff, A., & Muntaner, C. (2010). Physically demanding workloads and the risks of musculoskeletal disorders in homecare workers in the USA. Health & social care in the community, 18(5), 445-455
- Markkanen, P., Quinn, M., Galligan, C., Sama, S., Brouillette, N., & Okyere, D. (2014). Characterizing the nature of home care work and occupational hazards: a developmental intervention study. American Journal of Industrial Medicine, 57(4), 445-457.
- Olson, R., Wright, R. R., Elliot, D. L., Hess, J. A., Thompson, S., Buckmaster, A., ... & Wipfli, B. (2015). The COMPASS pilot study: a Total Worker Health™ intervention for home care workers. Journal of occupational and environmental medicine, 57(4), 406-416.
- Taylor, B. J., & Donnelly, M. (2006). Risks to home care workers: Professional perspectives. Health, risk & society, 8(3), 239-256.
- Zeytinoglu, I. U., Denton, M., & Davies, S. (2002). Casual jobs, work schedules and self-reported musculoskeletal disorders among visiting home care workers.
- Wihlman, T., Hoppe, M., Wihlman, U., Sandmark, H. (2014) Employee-driven Innovation in Welfare Services. Nordic Journal of Working Life Studies, 4(2): 159-180. FULLTEXT01.pdf (diva-portal.org)
I-MANO Programme - Programme to support managerial and organisational innovation in home help: https://www.autonom-lab.com/replay-journee-de-sensibilisation-a-linnoat…
- Shared governance,
- Management through Quality of Life at Work,
- Montessori in home help,
- Lean management in home help,
- A plural approach around collective organisations based on the managerial posture based on the synthesis of different approaches and tools around participation and autonomy.
- Buurtzorg course/ The video conference of Jos de Blok, the founder of Buurtzog. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF5qzlRV3_0
- Psychosocial: https://www.inrs.fr/risques/psychosociaux/ce-qu-il-faut-retenir.html
Practical guide in Finnish: